Sunday, July 21, 2019

Joy Life Art Night

The opportunity to create artwork was a joyful experience for our Occupational Therapy Class and for the friends that joined us. The conversation was sweet, the dancing was bold, and the smiles were plenty. I was reminded by a new friend that I made that sometimes the simple questions need to be asked more often. I was asked what I like to do on the weekends, what kinds of things I do with my free time, and where I like to eat in Memphis. It's easy to get wrapped up in the pressure of saying the right thing, avoiding the awkward moments, or knowing the shows or celebrities that everyone's talking about . This new friend reminded me the sweetness of honest conversation and the power in being open and real. I am grateful to be a part of a program that promotes spending time having these sweet conversations and for new friends that welcome us.

No comments:

Post a Comment